See also: List of Season 6 Levels
More Doctor Who: Legacy posts! I know!
As a follow up from my character guide and season 7 teams post I’ve been asked by a few people if I could list all the levels in season 7. I figured I might as well list the character drops too and make a bit of a “mini-guide” out of it.
There shouldn’t be any mistakes, but let me know if there is. Also, it’s worth noting that, as far as we can tell, characters that drop from a particular season are not necessarily available in that season’s character roll.
Also, see the end for extra hints on drop rates, passing levels and unlocking characters!
List of Season 7 Levels
Each level is listed in order, followed by (where applicable) “rare drop” characters and costumes.
Number of levels: 48
TV stories covered: Nightmare in Silver, Asylum of the Daleks, The Snowmen, The Angels Take Manhattan, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, The Bells of Saint John, The Name of the Doctor
Doctor Drops: 4
Companion drops: 16
Costume drops: 8
- Nightmare in Silver: Closed For Business
- Nightmare in Silver: Stalemate!
- Nightmare in Silver: Mr Clever
- Companion drop: Porridge
- Asylum of the Daleks: Graveyard
- Asylum of the Daleks: Corridor 5L
- Asylum of the Daleks: Intensive Care
- Companion drop: Rory Williams
- Dalek Paradox
- Doctor drop: The Tenth Doctor
- Sontaran Disturbance: England
- Costume drop: The Eleventh Doctor stetson (may be incorrect, please confirm)
- The Snowmen: Backstreets of London
- The Snowmen: The Latimer Residence
- The Snowmen: The Great Intelligence
- Companion drop: Strax
- March of the Cybermen
- The Red Castle
- Companion drop: Punishment Solider
- Ascent of the Governess
- Companion drop: Punishment Medic
- The Silent Paradox
- Doctor drop: The Sixth Doctor
- Time Attack: The Silent
- Companion drop: Artie Maitland
- Sontaran Disturbance: USA
- Costume drop: The Eleventh Doctor monk (may be incorrect, please confirm)
- Angels Take Manhattan: 2012
- Angels Take Manhattan: The Basement
- Angels Take Manhattan: 1938
- Companion drop: River Song
- Hearts of Steel
- Nerves of Dalekanium
- Companion drop: Angie Maitland
- Fists of Arnickleton
- Companion drop: Clara Oswald
- Dinosaurs on a Spaceship: Incoming 6H 19M!
- Dinosaurs on a Spaceship: Awakening
- Dinosaurs on a Spaceship: Run!
- Companion drop: Brian Williams
- Solomon’s Robots
- Companion drop: Queen Nefertiti
- Terror of the Weeping Angels
- Revenge of Liberty
- Companion drop: Sam Garner
- Daleks and Cybermen!
- Time Attack: Daleks and Cybermen
- Sontaran Disturbance: Mars
- Costume drop: The Eleventh Doctor bike helmet & goggles
- Stampeding Dinosaurs!
- Companion drop: John Riddell
- Paradox of the Weeping Angels
- Doctor drop: The Seventh Doctor
- The Bells of Saint John: R Y C B A R 1 2 3
- The Bells of Saint John: Miss Kizlet
- The Bells of Saint John: He Returns
- Companion drop: Spoonhead 11th Doctor
- Attack of the Season 7 Robots
- Costume drop: Porridge Nightmare in Silver variation
- Time Attack: Robots!
- Costume drop: John Riddell Dinosaurs on a Spaceship variation
- The Return of Mr Clever
- Companion drop: UNIT Solider
- Sontaran Disturbance: The Snowmen
- Costume drop: The Eleventh Doctor soothsayer
- The Name of the Doctor: A Shared Dream
- The Name of the Doctor: Trenzalore
- The Name of the Doctor: A Wound in Time
- Costume drop: The Eleventh Doctor fez
- The Allies of the Great Intelligence
- Time Attack: The allies of the Great Intelligence
- Costume drop: Clara “Oswin Oswald” dress
- Whispermen Paradox
- Doctor drop: The Eighth Doctor
- Season 7 Finale: An Ancient Hatred
- Companion drop: Amy Pond
Tips for Beating Levels & Unlocking Characters
Please note some of the information in this section came from this fantastic mini-strategy guide, which goes through not only the basics of the game but tips for beating levels and ranking up characters. Be sure to check it out if you’re having problems passing levels or understanding gameplay.
- Every enemy has its own gem colour, and the colour determines what colour time fragment they have a chance of dropping.
- This means that, based on the colour of the time fragments shown on the “level select” screen, you can determine the colour of the majority of the enemies you’ll be up against for that particular level.
- Pink fragments don’t drop until season 6, and have an equal chance to drop across all characters.
- Think of gem colours in the following way: blue = water, red = fire, green = grass, yellow = gold and black = silver. Water beats fire, fire beats grass and grass beats water. Gold and silver beat each other but are vulnerable to nothing. In other words, Pokemon!
- This means that you can tailor your team for a level before you’ve even played it – if the most common fragments in a level are blue and yellow then come prepared with a team with more green and black characters and less red ones.
- When you finish season 7 the price of the season 7 character roll reduces to 3 crystals, and down again to 2 when you finish season 6.
- The “chance to drop” rate is always fixed, no matter how strong your team is, how many combos you get or any other factors. Porridge, Rory, all the Doctors and all characters in the fan area have a 100% drop rate, the rest are variable. As far as I can tell costumes have the highest chance to drop, followed by supporting characters and then “real” companions.
- Time crystals are different. Some levels have “guaranteed” crystals that you will always earn the first time you win (eg the season 7 finale will always give you 4 crystals). Aside from that they have a very very low random drop rate.